Friday, May 21, 2010

Tamra's Flower Arrangement

Mom and Dad had to do something that no parent ever wants to do. They buried their baby girl right after birth. Mom gathered the flowers from the funeral and dried them, then arranged them in a nice glass jar for display. I loved looking at those flowers. I always felt somewhat of a bond with Tamra, so those flowers were special to me. I was also a clumsy, inattentive little girl. One day I was dusting (I think) and wasn’t paying nearly as much attention as I should have. Next thing I knew, the lid had come off and broke. I was heartbroken, but I knew Mom would be even more so. She was sad, but she took it well. Besides, all of the flowers were still perfectly intact. So she moved it into the entertainment center where the glass doors would protect it and we could all still enjoy looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment