Sunday, May 9, 2010

Best Friend

I remember one time in Young Women’s when we were talking about our moms. Specifically, our relationship with our moms. It astounded me to realize that many of the girls didn’t talk to their moms about their personal lives.

“I would never tell my mom if I kissed a boy!”

Really? My mom would probably be the first person I told! I remember so many of my friends being shocked at the idea that my mom was my best friend. She knew every detail about my personal life. She knew all about my friends, the boys I had crushes on, the dates I went on, the agonizing “Should I date Sterling now?” saga. She knew about every pitfall, every heart ache, every stumble.

I wouldn’t change that. Ever. I am so grateful that my mom was there as my best friend to advise me, hold me, and cheer me on. I’m grateful that she still is. I pray that she will always fill that role in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment