Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cress Creek

There's a hike near my parents' house that I always loved. Cress Creek. It wasn't a very long hike, though there were two paths you could take. I'm sure I almost always took the short path since I usually went with school groups with lots of young children and because I wasn't a huge fan of things like exercise. :) Looking back, though, I'm sure the longer hike can't actually be that long, either.

Cress Creek was appropriately named. There is a creek running along the hike and in the water grows water cress. I remember Mom bring a bread bag up with her and I would fill it with water cress I picked from the stream. When we got home, Dad would pull out the French dressing and we'd dip the cress in it and eat it.

I learned today that you can buy cress in the store. Who knew? It makes me want to go hike Cress Creek when I next go home. Just for old time's sake.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that place as well. That is one of my favorite hikes in the area. It's pretty steep so I'm sure you got a good workout.

    ReplyDelete